You wonder what WordPress (WP) is and why its popularity grows? Let’s start with the facts. This platform speaks through statistics. Here are some data so you can evaluate it yourself.
WordPress launches 27% of the total number of websites on the Internet.
It is considered the most successful CMS platform in the world and holds throne in this field with over 50% participation. Popular sites that run this platform include: New York Observer, New York Post, TED, Thought Catalog, Williams, USA Today, CNN, Fortune.com, TIME.com, National Post, Spotify, TechCrunch, CBS Local, NBC.
- Every second, 17 articles on this platform are published!
- 37,000,000 times a month the WordPress word is on Google search
- 8% of the top 100 blogs in the world are in WordPress
- 2645 sites in the top 10,000 are on WP Platforms
- 22,111 in the first 100,000 sites
- 297,629 in the first 1,000,000 sites
- In India it is 12 times more popular than Drupal
- In America 50% CMS is powered by WordPress, Drupal 17%, Joomla 6.5%
What is WordPress - facts and figures on this web site WordPress.com
- Wordpress.com runs over 75,000,000 blogs
- Every day, new 50,000 blogs on this platform are published
- 400 million people read almost 20 billion pages a month
- 50 million new posts every month and almost the same amount of comments
- The platform supports over 120 languages
What is the theme (themes) and how many have been taken so far
- until 2014 with official presentation wordpress.org downloaded 123,498,018 topic
- 3% of published topics on ThemeForest have a responsive design
- over 70% of themes are based on business related
What is a plugin (add-on)
- from the official presentation of wordpress.org to date has been downloaded over 1,591,439,538 additions
- with over 35,000,000 downloads, Akismet is the most popular on the Internet WooCommerce, NextGEN Gallery, WordPress Importer, WP Super Cache, Google Analytics by Yoast, Google XML Sitemaps, Jetpack, Contact Form 7, Yoast SEO, All in One SEO Pack, Wordfence Security are downloaded more than 7 million times
- on the popular Envato platform in the add-on group, over 80% of the search involves additional functionality in WordPress
A Brief History
Word Press started as a blog project, its stunning success in mid-2003. It is developed as an Open Source project based on a b2/cafelog platform and launched by young entrepreneurs named Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. This platform is widely accepted, and the open source community is actively involved in its further development. Interfaces are easy to use, and are the result of years of refinement.